McKeag & Co are experienced in handling all personal injury claims for all types of accidents.
We have specialist teams for all types of claims, ranging from the serious injury to the more minor injury claims.
We act no win no fee. You don’t pay us anything at all if your claim is unsuccessful and you pay a fixed and capped sum from your compensation if the claim is successful, so you never end up out of pocket by instructing us. No payments are required from you as we progress your case.
We can assist with rehabilitation to help you get back from your injuries.
Millions of pounds in compensation has been recovered on behalf of our clients.
We have a flexible way of working to suit you. We fight for you, you are important to us.
The Claims process can seem very daunting and we aim to make the steps as simple and straightforward as possible. A brief outline of the Claims process is described below and duringyour claim you will receive regular updates as to how the matter is progressing.
Each claim is different; however there are some keys steps central to claims of all values which can be broken down as follows.
1. The No Win No fee agreement and introductory letter will be sent to you. We may also include a brief questionnaire. Return of these forms confirms your instruction to us to act on your behalf. These can be sent to you for completion but if you would prefer to make an appointment to complete these forms at our office or at your home, please do not hesitate to request this.
2. We shall draft a letter of claim based on information that you will provide us with and which we shall sent to you for your approval.
3. Once you have approved the draft letter of claim we shall forward the letter of claim to the Defendant.
4. The Defendant or the Defendants insurer has time limits to acknowledge our letter of claim depending on the type of claim.
5. Thereafter the Defendant or the Defendants Insurer then have set periods of time to refer the claim to their insurer and complete their investigations.
6. Once this time period has expired the Defendant must provide us with an admission or denial of liability.
7. We then arrange to obtain your medical records and provide you with an appointment with an appropriate specialist medical expert to provide a detailed report about your injuries.
8. During this period we shall also compile a statement of any financial losses that you have suffered. This can include medical and treatment expenses, loss of earnings, a contribution towards care and assistance provided by friends and family members as well as any other losses that can be directly attributed to your accident. Remember to keep a diary of these expenses together with any receipts as they accrue.
9. On receipt of this report we shall approach the Defendants and together with your input negotiate an offer of settlement that fully reflects both the seriousness of your injuries and the level of financial loss that you have suffered.
If you would prefer to make an appointment to attend our offices to speak to a solicitor in person please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 213 1010.
Your claim divides into two parts. Compensation for your injuries which will be valued using the experts report and case law, and also compensation for financial losses that you may have suffered as a consequence of your injuries.
If you have any queries about your claim for compensation and would like to speak to a Solicitor direct for advice before making a claim please contact us on 0191 213 1010.
Please remember that in most cases you only have 3 years from the date of your accident within which to make a claim for compensation. Under certain exceptional circumstances this 3 year period may be extended. If you are under 18 at the time of the accident then the 3 year time limit does not begin until you are 18.
The sooner you instruct us the quicker we can act and advise you whether it may be possible to proceed even if the 3 years have expired.
McKeag & Co Solicitors, 1-3 Lansdowne Terrace, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1HN
Tel: 0191 213 1010
24 Hour Emergency Line: 07850 565543 (Crime only)