top of page
Criminal Injury Compensation Claims

Criminal Injury

Criminal Injury Compensation Claims

Sadly violent crime is an all too common occurrence. If you have been the victim of an assault, sexual assault, rape or sexual or physical abuse, you can apply for compensation under the UK government's criminal injuries compensation scheme. You may be awarded compensation even if your attacker has not been caught and convicted.


Awards are made through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The CICA is a government body which was set up to help victims of violent crime and operates a compensation scheme providing awards to those who've been physically or psychologically injured as a result of violent crime.


Although it is possible to make an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, direct without using a solicitor, a significant number of such applications are rejected at the outset for technical reasons furthermore from our experience the majority of initial offers made by the criminal injuries compensation authority are inadequate and require a review application or and attended at the application before an appeal panel. McKeag & Co will ensure you obtain the fall compensation to which you are entitled.

Contact Us

Are you an existing customer?*

Where did you hear about us?*

Thank you for submitting. A member of our team will be in touch.

No Win, No Fee

With no win no fee, there aren’t any upfront charges or hidden costs. If you do win your case, we will charge you a ‘success fee’ as a percentage of the compensation you receive, this will then be capped at a maximum of 25% – and in many cases this is significantly less than this so you will receive the majority yourself. This fee will be agreed between you and your solicitor before we take on your case.

McKeag & Co have been established on Tyneside for over 100 years and during this time have been successful in obtaining millions of pounds compensation for people who have suffered abuse.

Call Us on (0191) 213 1010 to arrange an initial free consultation or alternatively contact us online.

bottom of page